I tried my hand at some Sweet and Sour Chicken and it was delicious!
What you need:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces
- Place 1 cup cornstarch into a gallon-sized ziploc bag, add chicken and toss to coat
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large pan
- In a shallow dish, whisk together 3 eggs. Dip the cornstarch chicken pieces into the beaten egg, coating both sides then transfer the chicken into the hot oil
- Cook chicken in hot oil about 30 seconds per side or until golden. (if you want you could deep fry it until its crispy.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sauce ingredients: 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 4 Tbsp ketchup, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp garlic salt
- Pour sauce over your sautéed chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered at 325’F for 1 hour, turning the chicken twice while baking to coat with sauce.
I also cooked up some rice and broccoli to go with it!